Pages

Saturday, February 1, 2014

New Year's Resolutions - 1 month update!

Holy cow, is it really February already?!  January was interesting as it seemed to fly by one minute and totally drrraagg out the next.  It has been brutally cold but we were lucky to have a handful of days in the 50's.  We spent quite a few days locked in the house but also were able to get out and about quite a bit as well.
 
I put my New Year's resolutions out at the 1st of the year as a way to hold myself accountable.  Now I need to check in and see how I am doing so far...
 
Start a blog.  Post at least 4 times a week
So far so good!!!  I have been posting series which have made this a little easier but in January I had 19 posts!  I will probably continue to tweak my format and post content as I find my footing but so far I feel good about the progress I have made.  First change?  While I love sharing recipes, I think that series will be better if it is every other week....                

Lose the last of the baby weight
I really, really, really wish I could post better progress on this goal but so far I only managed to lose about 3lbs.  I made a conscious effort to watch my calorie intake (wow!  this was eye opening!) which I thought would help and will probably in the long run but I see now that a good workout routine is a must to move the scale.  I also cut out soda to help reach this goal.  Again, I thought this would have a bigger impact but I am seeing some difference so I am going to stick with it.  It is really amazing just how many calories you can consume when drinking soda.  I guess I always knew that but to see it put in writing was a little shocking.
The good news here is that even though the scale isn't showing drastic changes, I am seeing a difference in how my clothes fit.  Win! :)        

Try a new recipe each week
Of all my goals, this has been by far the easiest to accomplish!  As I mentioned before, Pinterest is overflowing with amazing recipes and I love to cook.  The only problem?  I have found so many yummy recipes that I don't know how I will keep them all in our regular dinner rotation!  What a problem to have, right?!  ;)              

Make an effort to be less tired
I feel like I have made some progress here but I do have a way to go.  If only I could get Chase on board!!!  In all seriousness, he tends to wake up around 2 just because, at 4 to eat, at 6 just because and around 7:15 for the day.  It is tough to feel refreshed when you are sleeping in small increments! 
In the good news, with watching what I am eating and increasing my water intake, I do feel like I have more energy than I did before.  I feel like we are on the path to a big WIN here! 

Be present
This is always a challenge and I blame all the amazing bloggers out there!  Just kidding .... sort of! 
Honestly, with the exception of the time I am trying to blog, I have done pretty well with this resolution.  I am leaving the phone in the diaper bag or in the other room so the temptation is removed (I found this was a BIG help!).  I have a long way to go but resolutions are a work in progress, right?!?  :)

So, there it is.  Overall, I am happy with my commitment to these resolutions but I know we have a long to way to go in 2014.   Here's to celebrating the little victories in life!!

How about you?  How are you doing with your resolutions? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment