Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

It's the Little Things...

Last Friday while checking out new blogs through the Five on Friday link up, I found a cute blog that had linked up Words About Waverly and Sadie Sky Boutique for a series on the Little Things.  The theme of the link up is to stop and appreciate some of the little things in life that we may not normally highlight or think twice about. 


It really struck a cord with me.  Like a big time cord.  As a stay at home mom, a lot of my days are filled with little things.  The every day things.  Things that may happen multiple times over the course of multiple days.  The things that become so routine that you forget to really appreciate that they are special moments in your life. 

It is so easy to talk about the big things we did during the day.  The play date we went on or the new park we explored.  These have their own elements of the little things but really they are more events in our weeks. 

The little things to me are when I find that Natalie has snuck into our bed for a nap and Chase tries to wake her  up....

 Or when I am trying to take Chase's monthly update pictures and Natalie offers to help "keep him still"....
 
Or when I venture into the kitchen to investigate the source of some noise and find my kids playing together while throwing every piece of Tupperware I have on the floor....

 Or when I watch Natalie make Chase laugh in a way that only she can...


I love more than I can put into words the interaction between my kids.  It just warms my heart to see how much love they have for each other.  I am so blessed to be witness to the every day interactions between them that will eventually be the foundation of a lifelong friendship.
 
 

Hope you have a fabulous Wednesday and you can enjoy the little things life offers you today,

2 comments:

  1. Visiting from the link up. What a sweet post! I love this link up. Your kiddos are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for finding us!!! We are so happy to have you & your little ones are adorable!! Looking forward to following along!!

    wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete