Pages

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

It's a sad day. Or is it?

The time has come to take down our Christmas decorations.  Can I tell you a secret?  I'm totally okay with it.  Christmas décor has been up since the day after Thanksgiving and I am kind of ready to bring the house back to 'normal', if you will.  Now don't get me wrong, I love Christmas.  I love our tree and I love all the personal touches we have in our decorations. 
 
You see the ornament wreath?  I made that! The snowflake shadowbox?  Yep, I made that too!   The 'P' with the cranberries?  Me again!  Plus we have tons of personal ornaments on our tree.  Ornaments we made and, my personal favorites, ornaments we collected while traveling. 
 


 
So every year I can't wait to decorate and enjoy the coziness of it all.  I love the anticipation of Christmas Day but when it is over I am ready to move on to the other things our year offers.  We have so much to look forward to this year (our 5 year anniversary!  Chase's 1st birthday!) and now that Christmas is packed up, I feel like we are on our way to celebrating 2014.
 
Bring on 2014!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment