Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I think I can. I think I can.

I have never been one to make New Year’s resolutions, or I suppose it would be more accurate to say I have never been one that has been good at keeping New Year’s resolutions. 

But this year will be different.  Maybe…

I think I need a new type of challenge and (if we are being honest) a replacement for the things I miss about having a job outside the home.  Now don’t get me wrong, I love being home with my babies every day.  It’s not about that.  It’s just a different sort of satisfaction or a “good job” that comes from having a corporate job.  I don’t miss 99% of it 99% of the time but, what can I say, I’m human and sometimes I miss the fulfillment I got from completing a big project. 

So here is to making resolutions this New Year!

 -          Start a blog.  Post at least 4 times a week
                   (check – sort of.  Do 2 posts count?)

-          Lose the last of the baby weight
                   (8 months post delivery – no more excuses!)

-          Try a new recipe each week
                   (I love Pinterest and cooking so this should be easy…right??)

-          Make an effort to be less tired
                  (Eat better?  Go to bed earlier? Exercise? We NEED to make this one happen!)

-          Be present
                 (Put the iphone down and enjoy the moments that are passing by too quickly)

What are your New Year’s resolutions?  Any suggestions to be successful in reaching the goals?

No comments:

Post a Comment