Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Here we go...

I’m sure I won’t be the only new blog to launch on Jan 1st this year but after a full year of procrastinating; I am going to take the plunge with all the other New Year’s resolution blogs. 

For the past year, I have been blessed to be a stay at home mom to my 2 sweet babies.  Well, technically, I was a mama to 1 when I officially started this new venture but the little one that would make his debut in April was a big part of our decision to make the switch.  After 10 years of building a career, I needed a change. 

A break. 

A way to recharge my life. 

With the loving support of my husband, I decided to step back from my career and put my focus on my kids, something I had wanted for a very long time. 

This past year has been a whirlwind to say the least.  We have learned to budget (though I think this is a continual process), to enjoy slow days of playing and not leaving the house (not always easy for someone who loves to be on the go), to maneuver the grocery store with 2 little ones in tow (sometimes there are just no words for the obstacles this presents), to cook (who knew I would love to cook?) and to balance our new normal.  I have learned to teach, to develop budding skills in my toddler, to make new friends and to encourage relationships for my children.  Plus so much more…

 I hope this blog will give a glimpse into the joys and challenges of our day to day life, my craft highs (and inevitable lows), new recipes that I have found and love, and random musings about being in the trenches with 2 kids 3 and under.

I am so glad you are joining me on this journey!  Here is to an awesome 2014!!
 
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment