Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Easter Love

Well, I think I officially have a sugar and sodium hangover thanks to all our Easter celebrations.  I showed decent restraints with sweets but when Grandma W asks if you want a piece of homemade turtle cheesecake, ones does not refuse!  And let me tell you...it was worth every delicious calorie!  On the other hand, I haven't eaten so much ham (thus the sodium issues!) in one weekend since last Easter.  Again, delicious but I am good on ham until Christmas!  :)

We kicked off our celebrations on Saturday evening with my mother-in-law's family. 

The kids checked out their Easter baskets from Grandma & Grandpa early!  Swimsuits, movies and cars, oh my!
 
I got in some serious snuggle time with my new nieces, Alex Rose and Caroline Elizabeth.  So much sweetness!
On a totally vain note, can you see all the new hair I have growing in?!  It is crazy and uncontrollable!  Thanks Chase :)

On the hunt for eggs!

Showing off her loot!  Like a good daughter in law, I left all the candy at the house for my in laws to enjoy!  :)

Attempting a family picture.  We don't normally coordinate but we had family pictures right before the party.  :)  Chase coordinates by coincidence thanks to the cupcake he annihilated during pictures though.... 

My boys.  Love them so much.

I love when he smiles so big his nose scrunches up!

Natalie loves her Aunt Megan

Love this picture with Chase and Grandma Deb!  So much happiness :)

Before we left for more Easter celebrating, the kiddos did a little egg hunting at our house.

 Plus a little climbing!  Of course, he climbed over the side rail to get here!  :)  Natalie was not a climber so this is a whole new ballgame for me!

My sweet girl.

On Sunday, we were back at the in laws to celebrate with my father in law's family.  A yummy brunch on Easter is my favorite!  Now my father in law is one of 9 kids so this is a pretty decent family gathering (30-35 peoples) since all but two of his brothers and sisters are local. There are lots of my hubby's cousins local too and we are really starting to expand on the great grandkids as well!  It is so much fun when we all get together and I know Great Grandma & Grandpa P love seeing the family together.  :)  However, I apparently forgot to take any pictures while we were there.  #majorfail

As a side note, what is brunch without champagne and mimosas?  Amiright?!?  I chuckled a little when every one of my FIL's siblings showed up with a bottle (or 2 or 3) of champagne but by the time we left 4 hours later they were already half way thru the 11th bottle of champagne!!!  Love it  :)

Next we were off to my mom's for a low key dinner with her and my brother.  It was delicious and a nice change to the rest of the craziness of the weekend.

I love this picture so much! 
 
 


The best shot we got of the kids together!  They were both pretty over it all by this point.  :)

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment